Friday, August 9, 2013

P/F/M NATs '13 MISREP Day 2: Equipment Familiarization

This was a good day. I still had the 'fish out of water' disposition but a good day none the less.


I got to Brute and have myself an hour to hit the things I was concerned with for tomorrow, namely the Axle and the Chains. There's only so many ways you can grip a chain to drag it and I think I found one that'll work for me for tomorrow. The most challenging piece of equipment for tomorrow will by far be the 260 Axle in the Push-Pull Medley. The thing does not spin at all, and I've never worked with an axle like it before.


This took a few more reps than it should of to get a feel for but I was finally able to figure it out... At slightly over event weight. There's a 600 Frame Dead immediately before the 260 Axle Press, the key is going to be to take an additional second to focus before cleaning it. I don't see too many people finishing the medley, hell, I may not finish the medley. The 240 Keg at the end it going to be a beast.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing and refeeding. Also, lots of time was spent thinking about tomorrow's show. It's been a long time - The Barn in 2011 - since I've gone to a show solo like this. It's also been a long time since I've competed. I'm feeling good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment