Friday, July 19, 2013

Holy Grail Diet: Wks 1-9 +8.42lbs Lean Mass / -4.404lbs Fat Mass

Previously... I spent 4 months on the Rapid Weight Loss program and once I achieved my goal of sub 240 pounds bodyweight, I switched things up to a cycle diet, which plays on insulin spiking to lose fat while gaining muscle; a fool's dream if you ask me...

The diet that on now is completely proprietary, because 1; I didn't come up with it, 2; I don't own it 3; it works and 4; I've only come across one doctor ever that didn't throw his arms up and say, "but if you do that, you'll probably die." Based on the results, I'm going to call this "The Holy Grail Diet: The Most Powerful Diet You've Never Heard Of" or The Holy Grail or "HGD" for short.

I got in the BodPod done after four and nine weeks on the Holy Grail and the results justify the name:

13.05.10: 237.050@ 18.7%
(192.780 Lean Mass / 44.270 Fat Mass)
13.06.07: 241.455@ 17.7%
(198.610 Lean Mass / 42.848 Fat Mass)
13.07.12: 241.066@ 16.5%
(201.200 Lean Mass / 39.866 Fat Mass)

 Weeks 1-9:
+8.42 pounds Lean Mass
-4.40 pounds Fat Mass

Because I'm not getting in the thing daily, or weekly for that matter, I can't tell when over the months that Lean Mass was gained or Fat Mass was lost but over a period of nine weeks, adding about eight and a half pounds of Lean Mass while losing about four and a half pounds of Fat Mass is damn good results.

When I tested this diet in 2009, I was able to stay on the Holy Grail for nine strict weeks. The HGD  requires much more effort to plan / prepare / execute than the Rapid Weight Loss diet. It's getting easier and here I am again at the nine week mark, four weeks from my next show and roughly 10 pounds overweight.

Since I started on the HGD, I haven't done any conditioning other than weekly events training, and even then sometimes I'll only to a single set of rope pulls or sled drags. There's a temptation here to get back on the Rapid Weight Loss kick but, with the results from the past nine weeks, I don't want to chance it. Aside from the body composition changes, I've been getting stronger every workout and waking up feeling good and refreshed no matter how hard I hit the weights or the amount of sleep I get.

I know it's not that impressive without progress pics but it's like this; I'm back to work full time, my daughter just turned 7 weeks old, I'm prepping for Pol/Fir/Mil Nationals and trying to help coordinate and plan Northern Nevada's Strongest Man, so... the garage scale and BodPod are what I'm using now to track progress.

At my new, lower body fat percentage (16.5%) I think it's safe for me to add some hardcore conditioning work and tweak my food intake ever so slightly to make it to sub 231.5 in the next month.

Comments? Like us on Facebook!

~SAVAGE~